Here is a reminder of how to manage casual employment
1. All new and existing Award covered employees must be given a copy of the conversion clause in their Award. Get familiar with the Awards in play at your workplace as some Awards have more onerous requirements of notifying employees every 6 or 12 months.! And remember, even if someone has a contract of employment – they can still be covered by an Award.
2. Respond to any requests to convert to permanent in writing within 21 days. You can only reject if you meet the criteria in the relevant Award.
3. Continually review your workforce. Especially with any non-Award casuals or contractors. If they have long term, regular work patterns, you may want to consider offering them conversion.
4. Update your employment contracts to clearly define casual loading provisions and set-off clauses
5. Document any conversations and correspondence throughout the casual conversion process
The Boring Bits:
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Amplify HR makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.